Saturday 16 April 2011

BRIEF

As part of my A level Media Coursework I had to construct a music magazine. I had to create a front page, a contents page and a double page spread aimed at a particular demographic of my choice. But before I could begin to start on my own music magazine, I had to create a school magazine as part of my Preliminary task. I had to include a front cover and a contents page aimed at teachers, staff, students and parents. Once I had finished my preliminary task I had to analyse 2 front covers of a music magazine of my choice, 2 contents pages and a double page spread all aimed at different demographics. This was done so that I know and could get a good idea of how different demographics affect the forms, codes and conventions which create a mode of address and also how they all have different house styles, brand identity, typography and images. 


I then had to do my very own research and collect both qualitative data and quantitative data. I created my own questionnaire on the website www.questionpro.com and send the link to as many people as I could to get feedback. This was done so that I could get an idea of how much to charge for my magazine, get an idea of what kind of things to include in it and what kind of freebies and special offers I could give. The quantitative data helped me get this information whereas the qualitative data gave me more in depth and detailed understanding of my audience to see what kind of music and things they are into and what they like so that I could create an audience profile based around that. 

After I had all the information and research that I needed, I then moved on to create my own 3 different types of templates for my music magazine. This included 3 each for my front cover, contents page and double page spread. I chose 3 different colour schemes for each one and gave out a questionnaire asking for people’s feedback and advice on what could be changed and improves and which one they liked best.

Once this was completed I moved on and began constructing the front cover, contents page and double page spread for my music magazine. I used everything that I had learnt from my primary research and secondary data and based my magazine on that and on what would appeal to my demographic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment